Saturday, July 28, 2012

Pushing the Limits Book Review


Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
Publicaton Date: July 31, 2012

Synopsis:
So wrong for each other…and yet so right.
No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with “freaky” scars on her arms. Even Echo can’t remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking -hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo’s world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible. Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she’ll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.

I rated this book 5 out of 5 stars


I would just like to say that I absolutely LOVED this book. I was fortunate enough to receive an advanced copy. I started reading it and finished in a day. I could not put it down, yet, I did not want it to end either.

Echo Emerson is the beautiful, former popular, screwed up main character of this book. She is meeting with a counselor to help her remember the lost night where her life changed forever. She is no longer happy being the popular girl with the right clothes, the right friends and the right boyfriend. She is living with her emotionally absent father and his new pregnant wife, which is her former babysitter. She can no longer have any contact with her bipolar mother and her beloved brother was killed in the war. Throughout this book she finds out who her real friends are and what is most important in her life. Echo’s life is turned upside down when she falls in love with the bad boy hottie Noah Hutchinson.

Noah Hutchinson is equally screwed up. His perfect life is tuned upside down when his parents die in a house fire leaving behind him and his two little brothers. He is separated from them in foster care due to his anger issues. The only thing he cares about is turning eighteen and getting custody of his brothers. During his counseling session, he meets Echo Emerson, the girl who agrees to tutor him. The last thing he wants to do is fall in love with her.

Katie McGarry really hit a home run with this book. I really enjoyed reading it. The writing style was awesome and believable. The sexual tension between this two characters was WOW! There was nothing that I did not like about this book. The only bad thing is having to wait for the next Katie McGarry book to come out. Please keep them coming.

3 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this book too! I loved the story and all the characters! I liked the way the story unfolded and the way they overcame their personal challanges, helping out eachother!! A must read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review! This book has been one of the year’s highlights, I’m so happy I read it. I thought it was over the top but so engrossing and entertaining I couldn’t put it down (which is what it counts, right?). And the funny thing is that the ending was very real, especially Noah’s ending, it was a realistic HEA and I was glad and a bit surprised.

    ReplyDelete